Handgun B.A.S.E (formerly Handgun1) is the next step after taking a CPL course. It will introduce students to pistol shooting fundamentals, body mechanics, proper reloading techniques and malfunction clearing. This class is 9 hours and is not a NRA course of instruction.
You will need a minimum of 500 rounds for your pistol. You will need to bring safety glasses and hearing protection. Electronic hearing protection is preferred so you can hear range commands. This course will be held entirely on an outdoor range, rain or shine, so please bring weather appropriate gear.
RANGE DRILLS INCLUDE:
- Shooting fundamentals / Accuracy Drills
- Body Mechanics of Shooting
- Speed / Tactical Reloads
- Malfunction Clearing
- Different shooting positions
- Shooting while moving
WHAT TO BRING:
- Pistol in a self-defense caliber (.380ACP or larger)
- 3 Magazines (5 recommended)
- Holster for your pistol – (NO shoulder holsters or cross draw!)
- Holster for 1-2 magazines
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Cleaning kit and lubricant
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- IFAK/ Individual First Aid Kit is highly recommended
- Seasonally appropriate clothing and rain gear
- Sunscreen and insect repellant
Students must be a current United States citizen and meets one of the three following:
- Posses a current CPL license
- Is active duty Military or active full time Law Enforcement Officer
- The student meets the criteria for CPL in the State of Michigan and provides a letter of recommendation from their local Law Enforcement Agency attesting the student’s good standing as a law abiding citizen.
Course Tuition: $200.00
(Lunch is not included)
Range Fee: Included
Location is date specific.