RDS Performance Handgun
RDS Performance Handgun is our brand-new speed and performance driven course. It will introduce students to RDS pistol shooting fundamentals with a heavy focus on speed and efficiency. This class is 9 hours and is not an NRA course of instruction.
You will need a minimum of 750 rounds for your pistol. You will need to bring safety glasses and hearing protection. Electronic hearing protection is preferred so you can hear range commands. This course will be held entirely on an outdoor range, rain or shine, so please bring weather appropriate gear.
RANGE DRILLS INCLUDE:
- Red Dot Shooting fundamentals / Accuracy Drills
- Zeroing your red dot
- Draw/holster work with custom take home training plans to maximize speed and training
- Red dot optic malfunctions
- Target transitions / multiple targets / heavy target focus training blocks
- Shooting while moving
WHAT TO BRING:
- Pistol with slide mounted red dot in a self-defense caliber (.380ACP or larger)
- 3 Magazines (5 recommended)
- Holster for your pistol – (NO shoulder holsters or cross draw!)
- Holster for 1-2 magazines
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Cleaning kit and lubricant
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- IFAK/ Individual First Aid Kit is highly recommended
- Seasonally appropriate clothing and rain gear
- Sunscreen and insect repellant
Students must be a current United States citizen and meets one of the three following:
- Possess a current CPL license
- Is active duty Military or active full time Law Enforcement Officer
- The student meets the criteria for CPL in the State of Michigan and provides a letter of recommendation from their local Law Enforcement Agency attesting the student’s good standing as a law abiding citizen.
Course Tuition: $225.00
(Lunch is not included)
Range Fee: $20 cash the day of class
Location is date specific.